23 January 2009

Laughing Buddha Ginger Pale Ale



Ian and I tried a new beer a couple weeks ago (yes, I'm obviously behind. my bad.) from the Laughing Buddha brewery. The Ginger Pale Ale was definitely not a winner with Ian, who puckered up at first taste and looked like Bill Cosby in those Jell-O Pudding Pop commercials, but I loved it. Usually spicy beer repels me (Red Stripe always makes me reach for the Tums) but I have to say, Laughing Buddha has a winner here. Just the right amount of ginger makes this a light but still very flavorful beer. I would recommend a food with it, but it's really something you could and perhaps should enjoy without accompaniment. Or with cheese....

2 comments:

Jessica@Foodmayhem said...

I'm not a big beer drinker but this sounds so interesting that I just want to try it.

EMC said...

You know, it isn't really a "beer" beer--it's kind of like a dish you might savor over a long period of time. Try it; you won't be disappointed.